Scattered Sunshine

Scattered Sunshine
My scattered thoughts on the Web-o-sphere

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Will they ever get too old for this?





My kids think that they are not too old to hunt Eggs. Unfortunately, I am getting to old to want to hide them well. I had around 100 easter eggs that I hid at 5:30 this morning but they were still just as anxious to go and get them. They were also quite enthusiastic about coloring them last night. I tried to talk them out of hunting them: I told them they could have their baskets all full of eggs and goodies and call it good, but that doesn't follow the tradition! They looked at me like a traitor, so I realized that I am stuck hippity-hopping every Easter Saturday until the end of time in order to keep up with family tradtions....
But I admit, with all the grumbling, I love it.
I love that my kids are good at having fun!
I love that they are happy and want to be together!
I love that our family traditions are a big deal to them!
When it's just Randy and me left in a few years, maybe I'll have grandchildren to pass on these family traditions too.

My favorite thing is to share the secret family jokes and smiles with my children.
Family is EVERYTHING to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment