Scattered Sunshine

Scattered Sunshine
My scattered thoughts on the Web-o-sphere

Sunday, April 25, 2010

I was a pedicure virgin... not any more!


Why oh why haven't I done this before???


Samantha and April waiting for their fabulous footsies to be pampered.






I had never done this before, but I have always been curious about it. I have a terrible problem with calluses and peeling feet, and we decided this year for Fathers and sons (which alternately means a date for mothers and daughters) that instead of our usual going to the movie and out to dinner that we would go have a spa day, get a pedicure and go to lunch. For details about our lunch, see the previous post. The first thing I noticed about the nail salon which is one Sam recommended (we (Ashley and I) went with Samantha and April) was it seemed to be a very friendly place. They had a little girl (I think she must have been around 3) who was immediately drawn to Ashley. Soon another little girl, this one aged 10 because she told us, came out and began quizzing us on how old we were. I think she was trying to figure out is Ashley was her age or not. When we finally got to go back for our pedicures, the nice lady asked Ashley if she wanted to sit in the bear chair. Now you have to understand that at 10, Ashley thinks she is nearly grown up. At first she was a little resistant to sitting in the bear chair, but in the end, she gave in to it and she is very grateful she did.




The water in her foot spa changed colors, and there was a little dvd player that attatched to her chair so she watched Bolt while they worked on her feet.



We even made her do the customary the Bear is eating my head pose:



Even sitting on a bear, Ashley is still "cool enough to make them drool" as she told me last night... snicker.



And of course, her toes turned out wonderfully cute and blue!




We had a wonderful time getting the full treatment on our feet. Mine were the worst, because of my callus problem. I especially loved when they cut away all the dead skin from around my nails, avoiding the hangnail problem that sometimes plagues me. The pictures that were painted on were so cute too. Here is a final glimpse of our elegant toes:

3 comments:

  1. I am not only a pedicure virgin, I'm also a manicure virgin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! Pedicures are the best indulgence!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great post! I am so jealous! My toes haven't been pampered in way too long! Beautiful tootsies for beautiful girls!

    ReplyDelete