Scattered Sunshine

Scattered Sunshine
My scattered thoughts on the Web-o-sphere

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

I am thinking of doing an art book this summer. I am also thinking of writing some original poetry and junk to go in it. Here is my first poem:

Distressing
In crafting
We use a technique
Called Distressing

It usually begins
With taking paper
And crumpling it as tight as we can
To create wrinkles
Then we stretch it out,
To make it flat, but it
Is never completely flat again
Not like it was

We might scrape it against an edge
The side of a desk
And then, to bring out the wrinkles
We stain it
Making brown lines appear to deepen
The wrinkles
To give them depth

We might take a sharp instrument
Or sandpaper’s grit
To torture the edges of the paper
So that some of the pure white
Can show through

We end up with an object unique
For no two papers are crumpled the same
And if it is not a picture of perfect beauty
It is an object
Of Interest


Now all I need is someone to take my picture so the symbolism will show through.

No comments:

Post a Comment