Scattered Sunshine

Scattered Sunshine
My scattered thoughts on the Web-o-sphere

Sunday, April 25, 2010

http://www.libertymarket.com/

Yesterday we went to lunch at one of my favorite places in Gilbert so I thought I would give them a shout out so that people would realize what a good place to eat it is. It's called the Liberty Market, and it sits on Gilbert Road, right after the many-times owned and ruined Grain Belt. Right by the Water Tower. Yeah. ON the outside, it might no look like much. It's located in a white, kind of industrial looking little building that attaches to the main walk of downtown Gilbert. Inside you have a cozy little bistro type restaurant that serves sandwiches, salads, pizza and pasta, along with various "plates" and I believe they do breakfast too, although I haven't had that pleasure yet. You pick your own seat (heh heh) and then you decide what you want courtesy of plain white menus that you can pick up in a display on the street before you go in. You have to go to the counter to order, where they have a strategically placed dessert case full of oh so tempting goodies. I have mainly had their sandwiches, which are very yummy and very much made for a foodie like me. Instead of boring mayo, they are usually dressed with some exotic, freashly made ailoi (a creamy sauce). Their vegetarian sandwich, called "The Farmer" is very yummy, especially for the addition of the grilled sweet potato. Yesterday, I was with Ashley (age 10), April (age 19) and Samantha (age 21). Ashley had the pizza, which looked like a french bread pizza. The crust (I know because I stole a bite) was extremely crusty, crunchy while at the same time having a chewy texture. It was yum! And the pasta that April had looked heavenly with big meat balls and twisty noodles smothered in sauce and cheese. Samantha's sandwich also looked good. One of the "you better not miss it" aspects of the Liberty Market are their bathrooms. Yes, you read that right, their bathrooms must be experienced! Instead of industrialized bathrooms marked men/women with a few stalls tastefully decorated, they have individual bath "rooms" which I emphasize, because they are each a tiny work of toiletry art that must be experienced. You walk into one and you are transported to the beach, with appropriate music playing. Another shows you a lively mexican street. ONe is covered with recipes for the dressings used on the salads. I even peeked my head into the only one that was gender specific to men (yes I had to look, okay!) which was decorated like a motorcycle shop. So fun!
I highly recommend the Liberty Market and give it a rating of 4 golden spoons.

1 comment: