Scattered Sunshine

Scattered Sunshine
My scattered thoughts on the Web-o-sphere

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Me, Holidays, and FOOD









Okay, so the first picture is not food that I myself created. But it is danger food for me. I just like chocolate too much. We have too much in the house, and I decided after a very bad choices eating day yesterday that today I am not even going to eat anything at all until I feel hungry. Truly hungry.
The next foods are ones that I actually did and do make. They are a family tradition on Conference Saturdays. Cinnabons. No kidding. I included the recipe cards, but I warn you, these can be lethal. Almost more dangerous than candy. For one thing there is the smell oozing out of the oven as they bake. Then there is the unbelievable silky cream cheese frosting that has to whip for twelve minutes. That's right, you heard me, twelve minutes. AHHHHH so good. So creamy. So easy to dip you fingers in and lick and salivate and.... I digress. There is one cup of butter and one pound of cream cheese in this frosting, not to mention 2 pounds of powdered sugar. It gets EVERYWHERE. (notice the bowl, very sugary) but soooooo darn worth it. Oh so delicious! And then, warm from the oven, you think, one little teensy corner of one teensy little roll can't hurt..... BUT WATCH OUT! The addiction is speaking to you. And if you don't watch out, you butt will be just like one of these rolls, fat, fluffy, and.... well, I think you get the picture. Later I will post pics of our Easter feast that will be shared by the daughter, son-in-law, and friend April who I might as well adopt. Love her. And the recipes too. To all of my foodie friends, Have a happy (burp) Easter, and enjoy conference.

GIRL POWER! Gotta Love it!

2 comments:

  1. why does it publish my pictures backwards?? Next time I will know....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa I'm totally gonna make those puppies. How many does that recipe make? Since there's only two of us it might be safer to half it. And by safer I mean safer for our health.

    ReplyDelete