Scattered Sunshine

Scattered Sunshine
My scattered thoughts on the Web-o-sphere

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

First project picked for the summer.....



Okay, so I decided on my first project for the summer of creativity. Has a nice ring to it, doesn't it???? I actually already knew I wanted to do some sewing this summer(I want to make me some new aprons. I love to make aprons) But I got side tracked today in the Walmart fabric department with this darling fabric that I just had to have for something I saw on this website:
http://priddycreations.com/boutique/index.php?cPath=54%22

Hopefully the link will work, because it didn't work for some of my friends. Anywhooo, I don't want to spend $79 for one of their bags with their fabric. I want to create my own hybrid of this design with some of my own ideas. (what hubris!) So I am going to attempt to MacGyver a bag for me. I am really into thinking I am MacGyver lately. Last semester, I had that nickname in my speech class because I always had handy dandy things like staplers and tape in my backpack. When I helped with a wedding and when I did the last meeting formerly known as Enrichment I had to jury-rig stuff to not make messes and be able to measure for lemonaide. So I think I am the female equivalent of MacGyver, only I don't catch bad guys (not for lack of trying). I just fix things for people or me so that I can function. The fabric of my choice is in the Photo at the beginning of this posting. I am going to make some of my quilty friends help me with it, so hopefully I will be able to have something cute to show for it in the long run......

No comments:

Post a Comment