Scattered Sunshine

Scattered Sunshine
My scattered thoughts on the Web-o-sphere

Friday, May 28, 2010

You're not as clean as you think you are.

Today we tore out the carpet in the living room and the family room. I was so happy. It was like really good therapy. Our carpet has been peed upon by too many dogs, too many times and now I will be able to exercize without gagging.
I started exercising again this week. It has made me very sore. I got obsessed with watching the Biggest Loser on Hulu (watched the whole season in 3 days I think) and it made me get back on the exercise horse. I even ran. I hate running... Anyway back to the carpet.

We have had several vacuum cleaner salesmen in our home from time to time. They always do this thing where they show you how much dirt is in your carpet. I can tell you right now that not one of them ever touched the real problem in our house. Our living room had a layer of fine sand through out the area that gets walked upon constantly. It was amazing. There was so much that you could write your name in it. The back side of the carpet was an interesting mosiac of dog pee. DISGUSTING. I have washed that darn carpet and cleaned the messes as soon as I could, but it just proves that dog pee comes to stay... and stay... and stay-ne. GROSS.

I am so excited to get new carpet tomorrow. The only sad part is that my camera lens died this week, the one I use to take pictures of almost everything. I only have the huge zoom that works right now, so hopefully I can get a decent picture of the newness tomorrow, even though I will have to back way up.

No comments:

Post a Comment