Scattered Sunshine

Scattered Sunshine
My scattered thoughts on the Web-o-sphere

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

A smattering of randomness

Things never slow down in the Bell household. Last week was Ted's first week serving as a Family History Missionary, and it was a good one. They released me from Relief Society and let me have one of my favorite jobs, Primary Chorister for the Juniors. Hey I could be Janet and the Juniors.... but I digress. We are in the middle of an exciting remodel to our floors in the house. Randy, my hero, put in some beautiful tile in our hallway, and looking at it, you would never know that it's tile. And of course, next week is finals week so I had a huge paper due, another huge assignment due today and tests, and all that stuff. Next week looks very busy!

First things first, Ted got his mission badge yesterday. He is so excited about all of the new stuff he is learning. They put him on the phones yesterday, which I think made him a bit nervous, but he did it, and that's a huge thing. He has also been working the floor.


Second, about the Primary Chorister gig... When I was young, before the Church switched to the three hour block on Sundays, there was a thing known as Primary that was held in the middle of the week. I was called into service in the Primary when I was 15. I helped teach Sunbeams. I have worked on and off in the Primary for 32 years now. At one time I figured that I had spent more than half of my married life in Primary, which doesn't bother me in the slightest. I have this talent, ability, whatever... to get little kids to love me. I think it must be because I love them. Either that or it's that I smell like cookies. Primary chorister combines this ability of mine with one of my great passions, which is Primary music. I am loving the program song that goes with this year, "I Know that My Savior Loves Me." It has some great words! My favorite line is "The love that He felt for His little ones, I know He feels for me. I did not touch Him or sit on His knee, but Jesus is REAL to me." So powerful. Plus I get to color and be silly!

Third, the remodel. Wow. My husband is amazing. I always worry that we will start some big project and it will never get done and I will have a torn up house forever. This experience has not been like that at all. Within two weeks, even through Fathers and Sons, Home Teachers that insisted on coming over, random drop ins by the missionaries, and our general busy-ness, he has totally retiled my hallway. Look at this tile! Does it look like wood to you? Aren't we clever? The look we wanted without the fuss and fear of hardwood. I am sooooooo happy. My husband RULES!





School has been making me crazy. But yesterday one really awesome thing happened. I finally reached 26 hours in my fitness class which cinches my A. I am obsessed with A's. I don't know if I will get one in Math this time. I have a test today that I feel somewhat unprepared for. We have rushed through the last section and I don't feel like I have had sufficient time to assimilate the knowledge I need for this. (how's that for college speak? I just do that to annoy those who wanted me to promise not to speak like that when I went to college. snicker) I also have had huge English projects due this week and I have finals week next week! Calgon take me away.

The busy-ness will not be ending at finals. I am going to the Gila Valley Temple Open House next weekend with some of my all time favorite people, the Tribes. They will descend on us at around the same time Randy will be coming back from Boston. The flooring people are coming today to measure to put in new carpet! Hallilujah, you have no idea how awful my carpet is. I am still going to girl's camp and that stuff should be heating up this week. The kids are in "concert season" and band and ... and... and.... but it's a good thing, because I like to be busy. Not to mention that in the next two weeks I will move oh so much closer to that 50 year old mark.... Not there yet, but one step closer......

No comments:

Post a Comment