Scattered Sunshine

Scattered Sunshine
My scattered thoughts on the Web-o-sphere

Friday, March 26, 2010



Today I am not feeling like the nice mother, I am feeling like the bad mother. I have been sick for over a week, and my house looks terrible. I had the bishop come by last night when I was out and I feel so ashamed of how I let things go. I can be so organized with my schoolwork, but the housework has me floored today. I am trying to implement a program of committing a "random act of cleanliness" everyday, but there is so much to be done that the task seems overwhelming. Then, after trying to straighten up at least the living room a little, clean a part of my family room that desperately needed it, and spilling slime green spinach soup (it sounded like a tonic yesterday) all over my freezer, I came in here for a moment to breathe... and I hear my Ted out there vacuuming, straightening and helping out in his own way. That's when I feel like being a mother is the best job in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment