Scattered Sunshine

Scattered Sunshine
My scattered thoughts on the Web-o-sphere

Thursday, March 25, 2010

The other day, when it was rainy and stormy, I once again had it clearly manifest to me how the Lord can answer even simple prayers. I don't like driving in the rain, especially lately because I need new windshield wipers. Besides that, my van is extremely top heavy and gives me the feeling that it will be toppled over in strong wind. Add to that the little cold bug that I have been fighting for the last week, and knowing that if I miss any school I will get hopelessly lost in math... well I needed some help to get to school. So as I got into the car, I asked that "The winds and the waves would obey His will" and that I might have a calm commute to school. And I got one! And if I had any doubt at all about who was the one who smoothed my path, Brother Petromalo (institute teacher) had this quote on the board.
"If we would advance in holiness --increase in favor with God -- nothing can take the place of prayer. Give prayer -- daily prayer, secret prayer-- a foremost place in our lives. Let no day pass without it. Communion with the Almighty has been a source of strength, inspiration, and enlightenment through the world's history to men and women who have shaped the destinies of individuals and nations for good."
President Ezra Taft Benson, (God, Family, Country, pg. 8)

Another little glimmer of light that I can only catch when I am humble enough to pay attention!

No comments:

Post a Comment