Scattered Sunshine

Scattered Sunshine
My scattered thoughts on the Web-o-sphere

Friday, June 13, 2014

Okay, for today, I have three new pictures for your pinning pleasure. One is something a friend of mine asked if she could pin, and inspired me to come back to my blog. The other two are some I made for my Young Women as we had a lesson Sunday on Being kinder to each other. They all relate, so they can all go on this blog. The first one I made after coming home frustrated from yet another activity that was centered around eating things I know I shouldn't. Last year I was diagnosed with diabetes (type 2) and I have scratched and clawed my way to being very healthy and controlling my blood sugar. If you don't live with me, you don't know how hard it has been to change the way I have been for my whole entire life into this new creature who does not want to live an agonizing life of being sick all the time, just because I like to eat too much. It is HARD. EVERY DAY. I don't take breaks from my life-style that I have adopted because I am an addict; give me a cookie and I'll eat 10. So I was at this party with people who care about me, I know they do, but they don't understand what it's like to be me, so they insist that I eat stuff at their party. I didn't even want to go to the party, because I knew what it would be about. I ate one piece of celery to appease the honored because she said I had to eat something. Even though I told her I had just eaten dinner. Even though I was full. I HAD TO EAT SOMETHING. So I made this sign.
Please understand what I am saying. Just because you don't think it's a party unless you are stuffed, bloated and feeling icky, doesn't mean that is what I mean. The other two relate because we need to help each other rather than not help each other. First, we need to build each other. If you are working on something, I hope to all that is holy that I am your biggest supporter. I want to lift and to build. So this is what I made for my girlies:
And then, because I want everyone to know what my goal is, the third one is about being who you are no matter where you are. It is an amazing quote.
Enjoy! Pin away!

No comments:

Post a Comment